Friday, October 1, 2010

Avoiding social gatherings.

Even when I was slim and trim, I tried to avoid social gatherings that involved food. The big examples are Thanksgiving and Christmas. On these 2 holidays we lose all concept of portion control! It’s hard, especially when everything is served like Old Country buffet. It’s easy to see just eat a little, but when there are 50 hot and cold food items including desserts that’s 50 small portions!

People don’t respect you trying to modify your eating habits. Unless you are around like minded people, it is very hard. It would be like a person trying to become a vegetarian going to a traditional barbeque. Meat is a staple including ribs, hamburgers and hot dogs.

So for me until I get all those things out of my system, I prefer not to attend.

No comments:

MeStomach - The Video